Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Reflection: The Passion Of The Christ





I was excited to watch this film. Not just because of all the news about it. But because I would somehow witness what my Savior did for me.

One of the main things that struck me about Jesus was His look of love toward Judas, toward Peter, toward Mary Magdalene, toward Simon of Cyrene, toward those who struck Him, toward everyone. And that look of love directed toward me as well. Every inch of Him. There is nothing in Him that hates. There is nothing in Him that complains. There is nothing in Him that seeks revenge. he is not angry at those who sinned against Him. He is not angry at me even if I contributed to the stripes on His back with every sin that I have committed and with every sin that I will still commit.

What love is this? It is crazy love, illogical. And yet illogical seems to be heaven's specialty. That is why God tells me to walk by faith and not by sight, to trust in Him with all my heart and not rely on my own understanding. That is why He forgives me every time I repent. Unconditional. It is so easy for me because it cost Him so much.

It is strong love. It is the love that endures to the end. No shortcuts. Just the long, rough way. In the midst of His suffering. In the pool of His blood.

It is selfless love. Jesus does not even think of Himself even as I cry for Him. No, He is determined to do the will of His father. And in doing so, He saves me from myself.

A wretch I am. My sins crucified Him. But the love of my sweet Jesus is not conquered by my darkness. Those very lashes, those very wounds, have become my saving grace. Where sins abounds, grace abounds even more. And now there is only His beauty for my ashes.

Jesus' love leaves me speechless. What do I say to this man who took upon Himself the death sentence that was due me? I grapple for words. "Thank you" seems so inadequate. "Sorry" does not seem enough. But more than anything, I know He wants me. He wants my love. He thirst for my love.

And so I respond with grateful heart. And a grateful life. And as He rises from dead, I rise with Him. All things are new. I am free.

Jesus, seeing You portrayed on the big screen has somehow renewed my love for You. It was as if I could touch You. I can't wait for the day when I will see You for real, in person, face to face. Until that day, I commit myself to You. You are the reason I live. I will live for You all the days of my life. Let this be my way of thanking You for all that you've done for me. And yes, I love You.


xoxo,
Sheena <3

No comments:

Post a Comment